(BPT) - If you're ready to turn your winter holidays from ho-hum to ho-ho-ho, you're in luck. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, is making the most of the winter season with festive holiday offerings to delight visitors of all ages. If you've never imagined spending your holiday season on a beach, it's time to envision winter on The Beach, with their 12 Days of Beachmas.
To please every visitor attracted by their 60 miles of sun-soaked coastline, Myrtle Beach is pulling out all the stops to help you and your loved ones make memories to last a lifetime.
For a highlight of holiday activities the Grand Strand has to offer this winter, Visit Myrtle Beach put together "12 Days of Beachmas" — a list of 12 fantastic unique experiences every visitor should check twice!
1. Winter Wonderland at The Beach is back — bigger, brighter and beachier than ever. Winter Wonderland Lights will be displayed nightly Nov. 14, 2023, through Jan. 1, 2024, from 6-9 p.m. Their Winter Wonderland Festival takes place Dec. 1-3, 2023, in Plyler Park, along the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk with spectacular activities like the free Winter Wonderland Drone Show and S’mores on the Boardwalk to warm up your holiday season.
2. Dazzling holiday shows and live entertainment will satisfy any taste. Immerse yourself in the joy of the season at major holiday shows such as The Carolina Opry Christmas Special, or sing along to your favorite festive tunes at one of The Beach's many live music venues.
3. Seasonal strolls let you stretch your legs, whether under sunny blue skies or along inviting park trails. Soak up the beauty of Brookgreen Gardens, which offers beautiful botanical displays, an on-site zoo, fascinating historical sites and stunning art collections. Insider's tip: If you didn't score tickets to the spectacular Nights of A Thousand Candles, a daytime trip is the perfect opportunity to explore Brookgreen Gardens in December.
4. Ripley's Festival of Trees will help you celebrate the heritage and diversity of the U.S. with a display of themed trees adorned in decorations and ornaments representing the 55 states and territories. The South Carolina tree is over 18 feet tall! The event is included with general admission to Ripley's Aquarium of Myrtle Beach, Nov. 10 through Dec. 31, 2023.
5. Relaxing spa packages are guaranteed to help you unwind. You can opt for an end-of-the-year relaxation package at one of Myrtle Beach's many first-class spa resorts and retreats, like the full-service offerings at the Cinzia Spa in North Myrtle Beach, or you could indulge in some much-needed self-care by booking your entire stay at the Anderson Ocean Club and Spa.
6. Say 'Cheers' to the year by making a toast on the Myrtle Beach Beer Trail, which takes you on a tour of the area's best local breweries, brewpubs and craft brew experiences. Check off trail stops on the Trail Pass for an opportunity to win fun prizes along the way!
7. Holiday horseback riding: Giddy-up, let's go! Explore miles of scenic coastline with a one-of-a-kind adventure on horseback. Inlet Point Plantation offers custom horseback rides along the beach at sunset to create a truly memorable holiday tradition.
8. Gifts galore can be found everywhere, from local mercantile and artisanal offerings to high-end boutiques and national outlets. Myrtle Beach has countless shopping experiences to help you check off your entire wish list.
9. Festive light shows will put you and your family in the holiday mood. You can feast your eyes on dazzling holiday light shows throughout the Grand Strand. At The Great Christmas Light Show located in the North Myrtle Beach Park and Sports Complex, Nov. 20 through Dec. 30, 2023, you can adventure through over 500 magical light displays and take a stroll through Santa’s Village while sipping a delicious, hot cup of cocoa. Downtown Conway's Celebration of Lights is also sure to delight with more opportunities to see Santa, while marveling at an array of lights on Thursdays through Sundays from Nov. 30 through Dec. 24, 2023.
10. Winter wildlife abounds at numerous wildlife sanctuaries and parks across the region. You can discover Myrtle Beach's stunning seasonal flora and fauna and surround yourself with nature at sites like Huntington Beach State Park, which is known as a top spot for East Coast bird watching.
11. Seasonal cuisine: Sample flavorful local fare at Myrtle Beach's plethora of mouthwatering restaurants. From fresh seafood, traditional southern fare and Gullah dishes to fusion fine dining and unique sweet treats, there's something to satisfy all taste buds at The Beach.
12. Artful celebrations are bound to delight and move you. Marvel at awe-inspiring art installations and masterpieces at museums, galleries and numerous public spaces on the Myrtle Beach Arts and Gallery Trail, featuring over 100 stops around the Grand Strand.
If you're searching for a holiday experience that's warm and welcoming, you'll find much more than just a day at The Beach when you visit Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Ready to plan your holiday getaway? Explore all your options at VisitMyrtleBeach.com, or call 888-Myrtle-1.